NTA code of conduct
NTA is committed to providing a safe environment at its events so that all individuals are treated with respect and dignity and where harassment, discrimination, violence, and illegal activity are not tolerated. This code of conduct applies to all attendees and to anyone associated with the event and its activities.
Harassment of any type is strictly prohibited. Harassment includes bullying or personal harassment as well as discriminatory and sexual harassment. It includes the following:
- Inappropriate conduct or comments
- Any objectionable act, communication, or display that demeans or causes personal humiliation or embarrassment
- Any act of intimidation or threat
- Unwelcome or inappropriate conduct or comments that are related to sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national or ethnic origin, religion, color, or marital or family status
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
If a participant engages in harassment, NTA may take any action it deems appropriate, including issuing a warning or expelling the offender from the event with no refund.
Please note that illegal or illicit behavior, such as drug use or excessive alcohol consumption, will not be tolerated at the event. Participants who appear to be overly intoxicated or disruptive may, at NTA’s sole discretion, be asked to leave the event with no refund.
If you are being harassed, see a person harassing someone else, or observe inappropriate behavior, you can report it to an NTA staff member, who will help you contact security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise provide assistance so you feel safe for the duration of the conference.
We value your participation at NTA events and want to help you maximize your experience.